Top 10 tips when selecting a smart home partner
- Check, double check and triple check the credentials of your potential partner – do your due diligence, leave no stone unturned.
- Seek out recommendations from their previous clients. Are they reluctant to offer you first-hand access? Are the ‘previous projects’ featured on their website actually theirs?
- Do they have business premises? Or are they run from home with little in the way of corporate governance, professional indemnities, etc?
- How long has the company been established?
- Do they offer maintenance contracts, and therefore underwrite the quality of their own workmanship?
- What is their financial stability? Do they want a percentage of the total project fees well in advance of the work commencing?
- Are they restricted to working with components from a single supplier, or tied to a particular ‘operating system’?
- Do they have any trade endorsements, certificates or qualifications to validate their workmanship?
- If they are willing to undercut competitive quotes, does this allude to an over-eagerness to secure business, belying wider issues?
- Know who you are dealing with – are the people that you’re talking to going to be accessible for the duration of the project?
Contact us now for a free consultation with one of our directors
01565 750 632