This is a brand new role, reporting directly into the owners of Intecho. The role has been created to ensure the smooth technical running of multiple building automation projects throughout the UK, including Audio Visual, complete Cinema Rooms, Security Systems, Lighting and Heating.
Each day will be varied, the role will be largely office based from our bespoke designed Head Office in the beautiful Cheshire town of Knutsford. Leading a team of engineers, including travel and site-visits with clients; reporting on the status of a project and compiling essential technical documentation to facilitate the professional delivery of projects.
Expectations are high, we want the best.
- Technical leadership and planning for all residential projects within the Intecho portfolio.
- Delivery of multiple, simultaneous projects predominantly across the North West, London, and occasionally overseas.
- Assisting with quotations
- Design (CAD & DTools & Visio)
- Maintaining on-going communications with all external stakeholders, from customers to subcontractors
- Project management and forecasting
- Monitor and report on the technical progress on all required deliverables
- Adherence to deadlines
- Completion of work to agreed standard
- Advise all relevant internal and external parties of any deviation from schedule or budget
- Leadership of a team of engineers
- Forecast & Manage resource (and associated cost) throughout the entirety of each project
- Provide detailed technical requirements for each project
- Brief each “project champion”, ensuring they have comprehensive understanding of the demands for each assignments, along with timeframes and schedules of work
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement throughout the business
- Support engineers, maintaining drive and focus.
- Promote a mind-set of personal accountability
- Provide guidance to less experienced team members and apprentice’s – assist with the mentoring and development of staff to reach their maximum potential
- Define scope of work and procedure
- Work with purchasing department to forecast supply and demand
- Fault-finding/Problem solving
Technical Skills and Required Experience
- A strong, technical, audio visual background (at least 3-4 years)
- Control4 (Crestron, AMX or RTI considered)
- Authoritative leaderships
- Project management & delivery
- Commissioning & testing of systems
- Communication and technical skills should be exceptional
- Procedure design & development
- Staff development – training identification and delivery, appraisals
It is imperative that the candidate has technical experience in a similar role within the building automation and controls industry, with a particularly strong emphasis on Audio Visual. This person will be a proven team-leader, who can exercise an authoritative leadership method whilst maintaining an approachable, team-spirited culture.
We are looking for someone who has confidence in their own judgement and ability to be able to make clear, precise decisions without too much deliberation, ensuring a high level of efficiency and productivity is maintained at all times.
Whilst overtime will be required from time to time to meet demands of certain projects, Intecho promotes “smart working” environment, rather than a “long-working” environment.
Why join us?
Our company is all about the people within it. When you join our team, you become part of an exciting, dynamic, forward thinking group of people for whom perfection is our aim.
Salary: £35 – 40,000 per annum